Saturday, June 20, 2009

girls just wanna have fun

Last night was such a nice break from the cruddy week I'd had! I went to dinner and a movie with 4 of my most favorite women! Stephanie, Jennie, Teresa, Mom, and I all met at Noodle's in Fayetteville and had a wonderful Italian dinner and then we went to see The Proposal!!

Wednesday was Mom's birthday so last night we celebrated! We don't ever eat at Noodle's so it was a really nice change of pace. I had a salad and chicken fettucine alfredo and it was delicious but I wasn't able to eat it all! There are so few pictures of Mom and I together that it's really kind of sad but Steph snapped this one of us last night and it actually turned out pretty good!

All the girls waiting for our food! We laughed and laughed and it was so good to hang out and catch up!

Stephanie was the first one to the restaurant and before the rest of us made it there she told our waiter that we were celebrating Mom's birthday so after dinner he brought out this big sparkling bottle and yummy chocolate cake and ice cream!! They even put 5 spoons in it so we were passing it around the table. It was so rich though and since I've been eating better it was a little bit of a shock to my system but oh it was so good! She was VERY surprised...and a little embarassed maybe, but at least they didn't all sing to her!

After we ate we had some time to kill before the movie started but since it was opening night we decided to go ahead and purchase our tickets then make a Target run. Steph is moving into a new house next weekend so she needed to find a, in her words "cute", laundry basket to go in her room! She found one and after our approval bought it! She's so funny and is so excited about moving out! I'm happy for her! Jennie bought her some candy for the movie and Mom and I got Dad and Gene one more thing for Father's Day. Then we headed back to the theatre and it's a good thing because there was already a line formed to get into our movie and we were there 30 minutes early. It ended up selling out right after we stepped into line so I'm really glad we decided to get our tickets early! The movie was absolutely wonderful and hilarious! It's probably the best movie I've seen, in theatres anyways, in a long time. I would have turned around and paid to see it again right then. Everybody in there was laughing so hard and after it was over Mom said we'd definitely have to watch it again so we can hear all the dialogue we missed with everyone laughing! I'm telling you....a very very very good flick! I can't wait to see it again. I didn't end up getting home until about 12:15 last night because we stood outside talking for a long time and I was worn out by the time I got home. It was such a blast though and I so treasure the time I have with my girlfriends!! I have the best friends and I am so thankful for them!!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

It was a great night! Thank you so much for inviting me to share your girl's night and stretching my birthday out for a few days!!!

I love you more than you could ever know!

Mom

PS: I'm heading to Target soon to spend my gift card! Thanks.

Megan said...

I'm glad to connect with you. I too have noticed the similarities between MckMama's situation and ours. Thank you for your prayers for Ella!

p.s. your sweet girl is a cutie!