Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ft. Worth Family Fun

Ft. Worth, Texas is one of my happy places. For many reasons. One of which being all of my family that lives here. Another being horses. And cows. And Will Rogers Coliseum. Oh, and Joe T Garcia's Mexican Restaurant. Just to name a few!

 Dad had been planning on driving down sometime during January because the Stock Show Rodeo/Exhibits are going on every weekend, and luckily this weekend Grace and I were able to join them! We didn't get in until a little after midnight last night, and then we were up fairly early this morning to make it to the 10 am rodeo performance.

 Steph has been my best friend for 14 years now and this was the first time she's been to Ft. Worth. I'm not real sure why it took so long, but anyways, she made it this time!

 To say that Grace is crazy about her Uncle T would be a gross understatement. I love that he's such a good uncle to her!

 The rodeo was great and we saw lots of pretty horses!


 They had a big carnival set up with tons of rides for kids and adults. I'm so glad Steph was here because she is a big kid herself, and she rode with Grace on all of them. I am not a fan of carnival rides. And even if I was, Grace would still rather Steph rode with her, so whatever!

 I strongly dislike having my picture taken, however, there are so few pictures of me with Grace because I'm normally the one taking the picture and one of my goals for 2012 was to be more intentional about taking pictures. Even with me in them.

Grace loves her Nana! Maybe because she bought her this adorable outfit! This picture does not do it justice and you can't really see her cowgirl boots. All this girl needs a horse!

We were so glad Aunt Weezer (my dad's sister, Brenda!) was able to join us! She has all of the great grands call her Weezer, because she's like a fun version of Weezer from Steel Magnolias! Except she really is not cranky. At all. I loooooove my Aunt Brenda and wish I got to see her more. And she is absolutely crazy about my daughter, which is incredibly special to me!

 I can't remember the last time a picture was taken of the Nabors family. Which means it's been too long!

 Tanner and our mama. He's quite the mama's boy.

 Pardon the squint. The sun wasn't very forgiving and my eyes were literally watering by the time we got all of the pictures we wanted! Attractive, really.


 And cue serious watering.

 Mom and Dad bought Tanner a new cowboy hat and he was quite proud of it.

 Oh, my Mema. One of the most special women in my life. I am so blessed to have such wonderful grandparents, on both sides. They love us so unconditionally and do anything and everything to make us kiddos happy. I love watching Grace with Mema and Papa, they get such a kick out of her and she loves entertaining them!

And my Papa, God love him, he can't hardly hear anything, but he loves his grandkids and great grandkids so so sooo much. He would do anything for any of us. And he does! We are all spoiled rotten!

I love being in Ft. Worth and spending time with my family. There's nothing else like it.

2 comments:

His Doorkeeper said...

Taylor, Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! We lived in Ft. Worth for several years while my hubby was in seminary! We loved it! I love the faces of your grandparents....you can see the love on their faces for their grands!!

Blessings!

thejavamama said...

I live in Fort Worth and work the stock show with the bank I work for every Saturday! I had the red velvet funnel cake OMG sooooo goood!