Friday, May 22, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - Dining Rooms


Kelly at Kelly's Korner has chosen dining rooms for this week for "Show Us Where You Live Friday" and last week was guest rooms. I've got 4 bedrooms but they're all occupied! We don't really have many guests and if we do they sleep in the kids' rooms! So, I'm back in the game this week with dining rooms.

Ours isn't really anything fancy because we just don't have dinner parties or anything so it's just for us, but it's perfect! This was taken standing in our bedroom looking out.

I took this one standing in front of the front door and the lighting isn't great but I'd been cleaning all day when I took it and wasn't in the mood to mess with it anymore! We have a glass top table and I finally bought a tablecloth last fall to put on it because with little fingers it was always nasty. Not anymore! All I have to do is pull the tablecloth and placemats off and toss them in the washer and they're good to go! The table, lamp, and clock were our Christmas present from Mom and Dad last year and I bought the crosses under the clock and on the other wall to add to it.

I took this one standing by the stairs. Grace stll uses her high chair because 1) she still fits in it and 2) obviously we only have a table big enough for 4 so so I hope to get a bigger table with 6 chairs. Gene keeps saying he's going to build us one but it's not like he has a lot of spare time!
So...there's my dining room! I wasn't sure I'd even be able to do this post because I've been cleaning house and packing all day. All I lack now is very little packing and getting Grace's sheets back on her bed. Mom is coming to get us when she gets out of school and then we're heading to Granny's house. We'll stay there tonight and shoot for being on the road headed to Atlanta by 5 Saturday morning! We are all sooo excited and I'm so glad we've got the opportunity to visit the Geren's!!!

0 comments: