Friday, June 19, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - Laundry Room

It's Friday again! The weeks are just flying by and I'm not sure I like it! Not that I can do anything about it though. Anyways, this week Kelly, over at Kelly's Korner, has chosen play rooms, bonus rooms, laundry rooms, or any combination of the three. We don't have a play room or a bonus room so I guess I'll share our laundry room!

Our laundry room is right off the dining room which is convenient because I always fold the clothes in our bedroom, which is also off the dining room. I found this "laundry room" sign at Kirkland's and thought it was super cute and it matched our paint color. When I brought it home for Gene to hang he asked me if I was afraid I would forget where the laundry room was! ha! Heavens no, I spend ALOT of time in there with a family of 5!

We bought the Bosch front loading washer and dryer at the same place we bought all of our other appliances and since we bought everything through them and also because Gene was working with a lot of construction contractors at the time we were able to get everything at a discounted price! I absolutely LOVE my washer and dryer, plus the washer only uses about 15 gallons of water per load. Gene bought the white cabinets from Lowe's and then built the shelf to hang in between them to hold all of our laundry supplies.

The bottom cabinet also came from Lowe's and it holds all the dog stuff, owner's manuals for every stinking thing in our house, and various items! Layla's dog food also stays in the laundry room and my mop bucket, cleaning cloths, iron, etc.

Gene made me the hanging rack for the broom, mop, etc. and it's wonderful because it reduces the ground clutter they used to cause! Notice how both of my laundry baskets are empty?! I love it! Although, to be honest, I'm such a laundry freak and I pretty much do at least one load everyday if not two everday. I don't like it to get backed up.

And another view of the shelf with the detergent and fabric softener. Eventually I would like to paint it a bright fun color just so it's different, but for now it works. That's all I've got for this week's edition! It's been a real whirlwind of a week and I just haven't felt like posting about anything else. One of these days I might feel like sharing but not today.

2 comments:

Tara G. said...

The cupboards and drawers look so handy! And Bosch...lucky you!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

What a nice laundry room! I do so love the sign that you bought. It looks like it was made for your house. We are redoing our laundry room and I am definatly going to take away the idea of putting all of our dog stuff in a cupboard. Thanks!