Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Fun Girls' Weekend!

Hmmm...well, it's only taken me a week to get this post up, but I guess that's par for the course for me and the blogworld lately!

My Aunt Cathy and cousin Megan were in Alma the week before this last one from Atlanta for their spring break. We usually only get to see them 2-3 times a year so we always try and do something special while they're here!

On Thursday Grace and I drove down to Granny's after gymnastics to spend some time with them, and then Friday morning Granny, Aunt Cathy and Megan drove up to Mom and Dad's and we all left for Branson for the night!! As soon as we got into town we headed for the Branson Landing to do some shopping!

We had a nice lady walk by us while we were taking pictures and offered to take one of all of us, and we all thought it turned out good! Grace LOVES her Aunt Cathy and Megan and literally the whole time we were together Grace was attached to one of them.

See?! We ate lunch at Macaroni Grill down on the Landing for lunch and it was delish! Eating is always one of the best parts!!

Three generations of ladies! Granny, Mom and me! We don't get pictures like this very often because normally Mom and I are the ones snapping and never end up in any. I made it a point to get some good ones this time!

And of course have to get Grace into one for a four generations picture!! So blessed to have such wonderful family!

Yes, that is a jacuzzi tub we are sitting in. I can explain! When we were little, Granny and Papa had a membership to the Lodge of the Ozarks and literally about once a month (especially/mainly during the summer months) they would take all four of us grandkids to Branson to stay. They have an indoor pool and it sits right on Hwy 76 which is "the strip" in Branson so we could walk to several places. After they drug us out of the pool we would all get into the jacuzzi tub and "swim" for a while longer! It's one of the best memories I have from my childhood and last weekend was the first time we'd stayed at the Lodge in many, many years so it was extra special for Megan and I!!!

Here's Grace sporting her new swimsuit Aunt Cathy bought her! She loved the indoor pool as much as we did as kids! I loved sharing it with her!

For dinner we ate at Cantina Laredo, also down at the Landing, and it was YUMMY!! Oh my word, their food was so good! Grace was absolutely worn out from our busy day and she kept laying her head on Mom's shoulder.

Aunt Cathy, Mom and Grace waiting for our food to get there. Mom and Grace were coordinating and it wasn't even on purpose!

And another group shot at dinner! When we woke up Saturday morning we found out that Aunt Cathy and Megan's flight had been delayed from 2 in the afternoon to 5:30 so we ended up having the whole day Saturday with them too! We did some more shopping and had some ice cream at Maggie Moo's before dropping them off at the airport! I cherish the times I get to spend with these amazing women, and love the times we have together!! I'm so glad we had the opportunity to get away with them and enjoy each other's company.

0 comments: