Friday, February 24, 2012

FIVE!!

I am such a bad blogger. Perfect example...this post is now 3 days late. Oh well!

This sweet, tiny, precious baby girl turned FIVE YEARS OLD on Tuesday. I remember this like it was yesterday though. That full head of dark hair and those smoky blue eyes that were so alert from the moment she escaped from my womb. She stole my heart without any effort and I have no desire to get it back!


Grace Elaine, you amaze me everyday with how smart, independent, funny, stubborn, impatient, loving & kind you are.


Your funny faces! 


Your quiet smile in the mornings make me want to just stay home all day snuggling with you! I mean, look at those big blue eyes!


I'm not ready for you to start school this year, but I know you are so excited and eager to start something new. And I am excited to watch you embark on the new adventure!

I love you so much it hurts and I cannot even remember my life before you were in it. I know that all the things that drive me most crazy about you (stubborn, independent, impatient) are all qualities that God gave you to help you succeed in life. I have no doubt He has something incredible planned for your and I can't wait to see what that is! I pray that you always want to sing "God songs" and continue to always enjoy going to church. I pray to be a better example of His love for you and try and teach you just how much He loves us!

I am so proud of you, baby girl and I'm glad God gave you to your daddy and me!!

2 comments:

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

Happy birthday to your sweet little girl!

Sara McCarty said...

Oh, she's so beautiful! Happy 5th birthday to your little one!