Sunday, September 21, 2008

Momino's

Today was a great day! It started off great because Grace was so worn out from a busy weekend that she crashed hard last night and was basically dead weight when I laid her down. Sweet girl, she was sooo tired. She and I both slept until about 9:30 or so, and it felt good! I slept so soundly and really felt rested when I woke up this morning.

I must say that I was woken up a few times this morning starting at around 8 or so because the boys were up and they were making a lot of noise in the kitchen, which is just off our bedroom. I can't really complain though because Corey emptied the dishwasher and.......made me breakfast! Is that not sweet?! He came in and woke me up to tell me to come eat. I just rolled over and moaned because I was not ready to get up yet. I did though! He was so cute, he had attempted to make coffee but bless his heart it didn't turn out so well. He had me a glass of milk, a cup of coffee, the creamer, salt & pepper, and my plate sitting there all nice and neat! I think I'll keep him! Ha! They're such good boys. Colt had made chocolate chip muffins....not my favorite, but I ate part of one.

Corey went and got Grace out of bed while I was eating and he said she was just sitting in her crib playing with Nemo and her blanket! She helped me eat my breakfast, and it was yummy!

I took a vacation day today at work because I had originally thought that the Geren's were going to be here still, but wasn't thinking that they would have to go back to work tomorrow. So, today was a free day and it was nice after such a busy weekend.

I had really good intentions of getting the house cleaned. Yea, that didn't turn out quite like I planned. I did get our bed stripped and the sheets washed, along with the boys' sheets and comforters. I also got our bedroom vaccumed (I don't know if I'm spelling that right) and most of the laundry caught up. However, I was out of a lot of cleaning supplies so I was planning to make a run to either Wal-Mart or Target to stock up. Colt had to be at Razorback stadium at 2 because they do clean up on Sundays after the home games for the marching band at school. Gene was working, and Corey had gone to WinFest (not sure what all that consists of) with his Mimi and Papa so it was just me and Grace after we dropped Colt off.

We just went to Target and I got everything I needed. I'm telling you what, prices are outrageous on everything now. I couldn't believe how much money I spent for so few things. Depressing. We are back fully stocked now though on stuff! I still didn't get much cleaning done though. Oh well, I'm off this Thursday too for Bikes, Blues, & BBQ so I'll probably do more during the day then. Maybe! ;)

Gene got home right after Grace and I did and I started sweeping downstairs when Colt called to tell me he was done and ready to be picked up. Of course when I'm right in the middle of something! It worked out well though, Gene finished sweeping and mopping for me!!! Go hubby! I went and picked Coltster up and we ran to Wal-Mart to get some stuff for dinner.

I made homemade pizzas! I used Mom's pizza crust recipe that she used to always make when Tanner and I were younger and both still living at home. We always called it Momino's Pizza! It was soooo yummy! I made two. One was pepperoni, canadian bacon, and Italian sausage. The other was half hamburger and half canadian bacon, pepperoni, and pineapple. They were so good, and a nice change of pace. It's not even that hard to make. I can post the recipe if anyone is interested!

I had only made it once before, when Gene and I were still dating and I was living in my apartment with Stephanie so he had had it before but the boys hadn't. They both loved it!! Yay! I bought stuff to make homemade chocolate chip cookies too but I didn't get that done. Maybe next weekend. I made such a mess with flour while making the pizzas I had quite a mess to clean up once I got done. I should have taken some pictures but I didn't think about it.

Colt entertained on the piano while I cooked. I'm constantly impressed by that kid's talent on the piano. He never ceases to amaze me. I promise I'll video him sometime soon and post it on here so you can hear. Unbelievable! He has a concert this weekend that his teacher is putting on and he's chosen Angel by Sarah McLachlan and it's so beautiful. I keep telling myself that one of these days I'm going to sit down and brush up my skills...considering Gene originally bought the piano for me becaue I kept asking for one so I could play! It's hard for me to play when Grace is around because she gets jealous of Mommy's time when I'm trying to play. Some day soon I will!

Grace got a bath after I got the kitchen cleaned from dinner because she was a MESS from the pizza! Corey is so good with her, and it's so cute to listen to her get tickled when he's chasing her. While I was cleaning up the kitchen he was playing Hide and go seek with her. She would take of running and hide and he'd come in after her and she would just giggle. It is the sweetest sound to my ears!

The only nap she had today was just in the car on the way home from Target so she crashed hard again tonight once she got still long enough to fall asleep! She was out like a light, and I took a shower and switched out laundry before I crawled in bed with the laptop to catch up on blogs, e-mail, etc. My eyelids are getting heavy now though, so I'm off to bed now!

Good night!

0 comments: