Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Beautiful Artist

I'm sitting in my dining room looking out my front windows and I see the beautiful colors of fall as the leaves are changing and slowly falling to the ground. I see the beautiful mixture of white, blue, and gray in the sky as the rain still threatens to fall. I see my God up in Heaven painting this beautiful scene that I'm looking at.

Is He not the most beautiful artist?! I mean really? We all sin and fall short of the glory of Him, yet He paints these beautiful landscapes for us and keeps forgiving us just the same. Our God is an awesome God!!

I will tell you I have had a pretty lousy month. Even though fall is my absolute favorite time of year, this fall is not going so hot. If you read my previous post then you know that it seems as if everything I touch either breaks or I lose it (let me add that Monday night on my way home from work the "check engine" light in Gene's truck came on....just one more thing to add to the list). However, I've thrown that list away. Today is a brand new day and I'm starting it with a better attitude.

Instead of looking at the negative things in my life I've started paying closer attention to the positive things in my life:

1. My God still loves me regardless.
2. Solid roof over my head.
3. Enough money in the bank to survive.
4. My wonderful husband who takes care of me and my family.
5. My children.....my reasons for getting out of bed every morning.
6. My job....which keeps that money in the bank to survive.
7. My friends.....who don't judge me because I sometimes fail.
8. My parents.....my rocks.
9. My brother.......who honestly could make me laugh no matter the circumstances.
10. Air to breathe another day.

Just to name a few. It's good to write them down or to speak them outloud. It's sort of like a confirmation to me. I'm grateful for the gifts I've been given, and I'm keeping my head up. I figure it's better for me than griping and moaning, considering I know there are some people out there who have it worse than me.

I hope that everyone is having a good week!!

1 comments:

Joyce said...

Wow! Thanks for the reminders of the things most important in our lives. I know I haven't told you lately or enough for that matter, but I am very proud of the woman you have become! I feel very blessed to be your mom. I love you!