Thursday, November 13, 2008

Come on Weekend!

Thank the Lord it's my Friday. After being on vacation last Sunday then being out sick Wednesday and Thursday I only had a 2 day work week last week. This week not so much! It's seemed pretty long because I've had to work everyday. Ha! It is finally the end though. Only 8 more hours and then I'm off for a couple of days. I've got a semi busy weekend though. Tomorrow Mom is off work because she has a dr's appointment so Grace and I are going to meet up with her afterward and do some shopping! Yay! Maybe I can knock out some Christmas gifts. On Saturday I have to work part of the Truckload Meat Sale the Christmas committee is having. If you need some meat, then come see us at Price Cutter in Springdale! Tyson's is dropping off a semi FULL of different kinds of chicken and hopefully some hams. It's all in bulk, so you get 20 lbs of meat! The prices range anywhere from I think $20-$30. It's a really good deal, and all the money goes to support the Springdale Police Dept Benevolent Fund!! We're doing it from 8-5, and I'll be there from 12:30-5.

So, I'm sitting here exhausted right now. I'm admitting that last night my child was a source of frustration and tears for me. When I got home from work she was asleep in her daddy's lap. He was also asleep. I went to the bedroom and changed clothes and washed my face to get ready for bed. I took Nemo up to Grace's room and put him in her crib, then came back downstairs to lay her down. Yea, or not. She woke up before I even got upstairs. I brought her right back down and gave her a bath. Gene usually doesn't give her one on Wednesdays when it's just the 2 of them. However, she always sleeps better after she's had one. Or so I thought. She did fine through her bath and we got her pj's put on her then booted Gene out of the recliner. He went on to bed because he had to be up early this morning to go to work. Grace and I rocked. I tried a 2nd time to lay her down. Didn't work. This time I stayed upstairs with her and tried over and over and over and over to get her to lay down and go to sleep. She kept screaming. I was getting nowhere but frustrated. I picked her up and took her back downstairs. We rocked. I tried a 3rd time to lay her down. It was a repeat of time 2. By this time when we got back downstairs I was also crying. I was so incredibly frustrated because there was NOTHING I could do but 1) continue rocking and hope the next time she stays asleep or 2) take her to bed with me. I was trying to avoid the latter at all cost. We broke that habit a couple of weeks ago and I really didn't want to revert back to it.

We rocked. Again. Let me remind you that I don't get off work until 10 pm, and don't make it home from work till around 10:25. So, by this time (#4) it's 2:40 IN THE MORNING. I'm coming close to delirious. I know, you're probably thinking "quit doing it to yourself and just go to sleep." It's not in my blood. I can't stand anything being out of routine like that. I knew I wouldn't sleep at all. Which is why I was going to try just one more time to lay her down. I did doze a little bit this time, but took her back up and laid her down at 3:35. She stayed. Hallelujah!! I think by that time she had cried enough and worn herself completely down. She also had NOT had a nap all day yesterday.

I was finally able to lay down. I had a problem. By that time I was soooo tired I had become delirious and couldn't go right to sleep. It was 4 when I finally slipped under. I never heard Gene's alarm clock go off or him getting out of bed to get ready for work. I also never heard the boys getting ready for school. I did, however, hear when Grace woke up at 7:54. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!" That is what started flashing through my mind! I had not even been asleep for 4 hours yet. Luckily, she went right back to sleep. Whew. She woke back up just before 10. I was still tired. Wait, I AM still tired.

I will survive! I just hope tonight goes better than last night. I'm sure you're probably wondering why Gene doesn't ever put her to bed. Well, that's another kicker. I'm the only one that is able to lay her down. It hasn't always been like that. Used to, Gene or the boys would always have her in bed by the time I got home from work. I'm not sure what happened to that. It's a vicious cycle, and at this point there's nothing I can do about it because we don't have a twin mattress yet to put on the bed we have in her room. She crawls out of her crib, so we can't just leave her in there by herself to cry herself to sleep because she climbs out and then has nowhere to sleep but the floor. I'm not quite that mean! I get aggravated with myself because we didn't instill better night time habits in her when she was little. I can assure you that if we have another one, that baby will put him/herself to sleep very early on. I can't do this again. My child is almost 2 and still has to be rocked to sleep. My fault I know!

Anyways, I have to go change a dirty diaper on my almost 2 year old. Yes, the joys of motherhood!!

Have a good rest of the week and a good weekend!!!!!