Monday, November 10, 2008

Sleepy Head

I have been sooooo sleepy today! I came back to work yesterday after being off work for 4 days sick and then with my weekend. I was so not ready to either. Last night wasn't bad though in the city of Springdale. Either that, or it went un-reported! We didn't have many calls at all. I usually prefer to be busy, but since it was my Monday and I hadn't worked in a few days my brain was not exactly functioning properly!!

Gene had to work yesterday, but was off at 3 and headed over to Steve and Jennie's to work on his motorcycle. He bought some new handlebars and couldn't wait to get them put on so he worked on it all day Saturday and then yesterday from about 4:30 or so till 11:45 last night. Grace stayed home with the boys, and she was still awake when I got home from work. I gave her a quick bath and some cough medicine and put her to bed around 11:25. I crawled into bed shortly thereafter because I had to be up at 6:30 this morning. Yikes! I am NOT a morning person (as I've mentioned in previous posts), and was not thrilled when I heard the alarm clock going off. Dispatchers and some officers are ACIC (Arkansas Crime Information Center) certified and every two years we have to re-certify. Today was the day! Talk about BORING! I had to be at Roger's Police Department at 9 am, and luckily the class only lasted 45 minutes.

I had to get up so early though to get myself ready and then take Grace and drop her off with my mom. Mom had originally had a dr's appt. scheduled today but had to re-schedule when I told her I had that class and needed her to watch Grace. I took a shower and got ready and waited as long as I could to get Grace out of bed! I didn't even change her out of her pj's before leaving! I wrapped her up in her blankey and we were off.

After my class I just drove back to Mom and Dad's because I didn't want to drive all the way back to my house. For those that don't know, I live way down south of Fayetteville and it takes a while to get there! I didn't want to use that extra gas and time to drive back down there and sit and wait for time to come to work. So instead I hung out with Mom, Dad, and Grace. Dad made a yummy lunch and then I curled up on the couch with a blanket. I got REALLY sleepy and fell asleep, but only for about 20 minutes because then I had to come to work. I told Mom I felt like I'd been sedated. By that time it was raining and the temperature had dropped drastically. It was freezing!!!

I've been sleepy all night at work too! I'm so ready to go home and crash. I'm hoping that Grace goes to bed quickly when we get home, so I can! Tomorrow I don't have anything going on until I come to work so I'm excited about that.

I'm off here now to get back to work.