Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rock the Vote

I forgot to mention in my post earlier that I went and voted this morning!! The last presidential election was my first time to vote, when I was 19 years old. Obviously, now I'm married and I had to go change all of my voter registration information at the county clerk's office a couple of weeks ago.

I must say, I was apprehensive about voting. I knew I would have to go by myself seeing as how Gene works dayshift and doesn't get off work until 3 and I go in at 2. I was nervous because I wasn't sure exactly where the church was that I was supposed to vote at, plus my in-laws keep Grace on Tuesdays so I called them this morning to see if I could take her over a little early so I could go. I was afraid that if I took her with me I would be 1) distracted 2) have to worry about entertaining a toddler for who knows how long while standing in a line and 3) end up having to wait in line for forever and then not have enough time to drop her off without being late to work. All of my worries were put at ease though, because I took her over at 10:30 this morning and got in the shower. After I got out of the shower and walked into my bedroom I saw that my in-laws were leaving to go vote. I finished getting ready and dressed and when I was pulling out of the driveway I called my mother-in-law to see if they had to wait in line, because we vote at the same place. I was so happy to hear that they were able to get in and get out without any problems or any waiting!

I had no problems finding my voting location, and I was also able to get in and get out without any problems or waiting! I felt so relieved and so proud to be an American when I walked out of that building and back to my car. It's empowering to know that I have a say in who leads my country. I know it's a luxury some countries don't have.

Thank you Lord for a great day, and I pray that you watch over our nation in this trying time.

0 comments: