Thursday, November 6, 2008

Two Days of Unscheduled Laziness

Well, I've only had a two day work week this week. It wasn't planned..that's for sure. I had taken off last Sunday because Mema was in for just a little bit, and I never get to see her so I took the day off. I worked Monday and Tuesday, but Tuesday I felt bad all day. Corey has been sick since last Thursday with a sore throat, stuffy nose, cough, etc. so I was afraid I was getting it too because my throat hurt all day. I had already scheduled Corey a dr's appt. for yesterday morning, and I woke up in the middle of the night Tuesday night because my throat was hurting so bad. I scrounged (sp?) around in the dark until I found a cough drop. It gave me enough reflief that I was able to go back to sleep. I woke up at 7 o'clock to get ready for Corey's appt. and my throat felt like it was on fire. I couldn't swallow without putting all I had into it to try and keep it from hurting. I called the dr's office and made myself an appt. right after Corey's.

Let me also say that Grace wouldn't lay down Tuesday night until almost 1 am so I didn't get to bed till late and knew I had to be up at 7. I also had to wake Grace up to take her because Gene was working. She didn't like it any more than I did! We headed off to the dr's office. After many, many mishaps after making it to the office (of which I will not go into) we were finally called back. Luckily they just put us in the same room and the dr saw us at the same time. By this time my throat was better but not great. Corey ended up just having a sinus infection. I on the other hand was diagnosed with tonsilitis. Fabulous.

He prescribed us both antibiotics, and then I dropped Corey off at school. Grace and I headed home, but I was contagious so I called my in-laws to see if they could keep Grace so she didn't chance getting it. I dropped her off then came over to the house. I took a shower, put on comfy clothes, and crashed on the couch. I finished the book I was reading, and then fell asleep for a while. It was actually kind of nice to be lazy...and have an excuse for it. Truth be told, I didn't feel absolutely miserable, it was just my throat was tender. I did call in sick to work due to being contagious. I don't think they would like it if I shared with them!

This morning when I woke up my throat hurt again. I had also developed a cough. Yuck. Grace went back over to my in-laws for just a couple of hours, and then they brought her home because my father-in-law had a dr's appt. She and I fell asleep in the recliner for about an hour. I didn't go to work again, because I hadn't been on my antibiotics for 24 hrs yet so I was still contagious. I'm feeling much better now, just a pesky cough still and a little tenderness.

Gene's gone to pick up the boys from the football game and Grace is about to pass out in my lap, so I'm going to go put her to bed.



Stephanie said...

I think you may have shared it with me! My throat started hurting today, and I have been coughing a little. I don't feel that bad, it's just my throat...So I am pretty sure it's the same thing. Good thing my weekend starts in a few hours. I hope you get to feeling better.

Oh, and if I never told you. Grace's costume was absolutely adorable!!

LC said...

Sorry you guys have had the crud! My classroom has been passing around the stomach virus and the lovely little darlings decided they needed to share with me. Don't you just love kids!