Thursday, January 8, 2009

Best Friends

My weekend has officially started. Woohoo! It's actually been a pretty good week, and it went pretty fast so I can't really complain. I've been so excited about tomorrow night that I was afraid the time would creep by but didn't!

I'm excited about tomorrow night because we are having a GIRLS' NIGHT at Teresa's house!!! Teresa (pictured with me above) is a co-worker and one of my best friends! When I first started at the pd, almost 4 years ago, I started out on dayshift and Teresa was my call-taking trainer. We became friends quick and she was an excellent trainer! After I finished that phase of training I was sent to evening shift where I've been ever since and Teresa stayed on days for about another year after that. She then came to evenings for a short time but then ended up on midnights as their supervisor. Last summer she came back to evenings as our supervisor and I was so excited to work with her again!!! We have become very good friends over the last few months and I just love her to death!!

Stephanie, my absolute best friend of 10 years now (WOW!!!), will also be at girls' night and I cherish every chance we get to spend together. Steph and I became best friends pretty much from the first time we met when we were in 8th grade! We were literally inseparable all through high school and after and we worked together at Harp's for almost 3 years. Six months after I started at the police department Steph and I moved into an apartment together and lived there for about 6 months. It was great!!! Probably 6 of the best months of my life!! During that time Gene and I started dating and then I got pregnant and Gene and I got married and Steph went to work for Metropolitan National Bank during that time so our time together diminshed. She was working during the day and I worked during the evening hours and of course I was busy with a newborn and family and we just didn't get to spend as much time together as we used to. She was there for me ALL day the day I had Grace, even though I know she had to have been bored!! She never left my side!! Since my days off switched to Fri/Sat we have been able to spend more time togther and I'm so happy! She and Teresa have become good friends too and we all have so much fun when we hang out together!

Jennie, who I only met last July, has become one of my really good friends too! I'm so glad that we met and took our Route 66 trip together. I must say, I had my hesitations taking a week long motorcycle trip with a couple that I really didn't know, but we had a BLAST. I am soooo looking forward to our next road trip! She's my riding buddy and I love her dearly! We get along so great and are so much alike, and she also gets along great with both Teresa and Stephanie. Even though Jennie and I haven't even been friends for a year I feel like we've known each other a lifetime! I love this picture of us too because we look so happy and goofy. As I recall Gene and I were hanging out at the tattoo shop and Gene and Steve had been making fun of us and we were in turn laughing at ourselves!!
Diane, Jennie's good friend, will also be there tomorrow night! I met Diane at Bikes, Blues, & BBQ and she was also at our last girls' night and she fits very nicely into our group!! I will have to make sure and get a picture of me and her together tomorrow!!
It's so awesome to have such good girlfriends that you can hang out with and be yourself and laugh and cry and have a good time without worrying about anything. My kiddos will be home with their Daddy and I'll be enjoying some much needed female bonding!!
Have a great weekend!


0 comments: