Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday, Monday

It's another Monday, which isn't my Monday, it's actually my Wednesday! But anywho.....I'm missing my boys. They've been gone 4 days and won't be home until next Friday. They have already been to Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia, and today they are on their way to Florida to visit Disney World. I'm so jealous!! I know they are super excited about going to Disney World though.

Yesterday while I was at work they kept texting me and they sent me a picture of them together and then they spelt out "Love u" with gummy worms, took a picture of it, and sent it to me. :) It made me smile!! I know Corey will get homesick before Colt and he'll start really texting and calling me alot probably the end of this week or first of next week! It doesn't bother me because I was ready for them to be home right after they left! Oh well, I know they're having fun and I'm glad they get to experience all of these things with their grandparents!

Grace, Gene, and I have just been hanging out. Mom and I had planned to take Grace to the Gentry Safari on Friday but the weather decided to get really nasty so we didn't get to do that. Instead, we spent alot of time sitting in Mom's car in the mall parking lot waiting for the monsoon to pass! Finally we just gave up going to the mall and went to eat at Logan's and then both went to Wal-Mart to do our grocery shopping. Grace went home with Mom and stayed the night with her Nana and Papa Friday night and I came home and unloaded my trunkload of groceries! Gene ended up not having to work so a couple of his buddies came out right as I was getting home and we grilled burgers then the guys went fishing. I had the whole house all to myself that night!!! It was fabulous! I went to Blockbuster and rented Taken and if you haven't seen that...you totally should.

Gene didn't get home until after 10 and he finished watching the movie with me and I went to bed. I was supposed to work the pd pancake breakfast at Applebee's Saturday morning but I woke up with a killer headache and ended up not being able to go. Gene was up and out early to go out to Huntsville and help Jake (one of his fishing buddies from the previous night) clean up his land and clear out deer plots so I, once again, had the house to myself until time to go to work! I browsed around on the internet checking blogs and then headed in to work. We got really busy at work at about 5:30 and stayed hopping all night long! I was worn out by the time I left there.

I picked Grace up from Mom and Dad's and we came home to go to bed! I ended up having to call Gene out to do a track on one of the incidents we were on and he didn't get home until right after Grace and I. He had bought Lonesome Dove and had started it before being called out and then we turned it back on after Grace was in bed and I ended up staying up until 1:30 that morning watching it with him and I NEVER stay up like that when Grace is home because she always wakes up so early, but I just love that movie and it had been forever since I'd seen it. Of course, it's 6 hours long so we didn't even finish it until yesterday morning after breakfast. It's a classic though and my dad's all time favorite movie!

Now Gene is at work and I'm fixing to get Grace's bag packed because she and Mom are going to Granny's house for a couple of days! Grace loves getting to go to her Granny's house and I know Granny is excited to see her too!

I hope everyone has a great week!!

0 comments: