Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Weekend

My "4th" post is a little bit delayed but I don't really have much to post about because I had to work Saturday so...it wasn't that great for me! I love my job as a dispatcher but I have had to work more holidays than I have been off in the past 4 and a half years. Luckily I work with great people and they're like my second family so it's not horrible!!
Every year the city of Springdale has a 4th of July parade on the July 1st and the 4th. On the 1st it's at 3 in the afternoon and the 4th is 10 in the morning so the 4th is usually the one we go to because I go to work at 2 in the afternoon. The boys were with their mom that morning so Gene, Grace, and I met Mom at the pd parking lot to walk up to the parade. Grace looked really cute in her litte red, white and blue and her pigtails but I have no good bows for her so the hairdo was kind of boring! She always ends up messing it up anyways. She wasn't being very cooperative for the pictures either. It was cloudy the whole morning so it wasn't just unbearably hot and there was a slight breeze so it was good weather to be outside.

Once it finally got started we moved up to the curb so she could see better. She just kept switching back and forth between Gene, Mom and myself. She LOVED seeing the horses and just stood there waving at everyone!

We were awake early that morning though so she was getting really sleepy by the time it was over. Right as we were leaving Springdale headed home it started to pour down rain and then after we got home it started storming really bad. The boys got home and then I had to get in the shower to get ready for work.

Corey's best friend Rhianna came over and Colt's friend Sarah came over to hang out with them for fireworks. Grace, apparently, was pretty much attached to Rhianna and Sarah the whole time and never left them alone! Rhianna has been around for forever so Grace was already used to her!!

Two goofy kids! They played outside on the trampoline, took pictures, went swimming next door, ate lunch, shot off fireworks and just had a grand 'ol time! I got home at about 10:20 and they were still shooting of fireworks so we hung out till about 11 then called it a night. Grace was completely exhausted and covered in sweat and bug spray so I brought her in, gave her a bath and put her to bed. Her eyes were so heavy when I was putting her to bed that she was snoring by the time I finished reading her a bedtime story! I'm pretty sure we all slept good that night and then yesterday ate a big breakfast and hung out at home, that is, until I had to go to work! Saturday and Sunday night were both really busy after about 6 and I'm sure that pace will continue through the summer!
I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th this year and a very special thanks to all the men and women who serve our country and fight for our continued freedom!!!

0 comments: