Sunday, July 26, 2009

As Requested...

Here's the recipe for pizza crust and how we make our pizzas!! This is just for you Nic!!!

Easy Pizza Dough
2 1/2 to 3 cups flour
1 pkg. yeast
1 tsp. salt
1 cup hot water
2 tbsps. vegetable oil
In medium bowl, combine 1 cup of the flour, yeast, and salt. Add water and oil. With mixer on low speed beat until well blended, about 2 minutes. Gradually stir in remaining flour to make a firm dough. On floured surface knead dough 10 to 12 times. Cover, let rise for at least 15 minutes.
Now, when I make it I use 2 large pizza pans that I bought at Wal-Mart with the holes in the bottom of it so I make 2 whole recipes of dough and it's just the right amount for the big pans. You don't have to preheat the oven, just turn it to 425 degrees when you put your first one in. We like lots of cheese so we use 2 lbs of monterrey jack cheese and 2 lbs of mozzarella cheese. Grate it all and mix it together. Make sure to spread flour across your counter and then spread your dough out to fit your pan. I typically buy the Ragu brand pizza sauce but I have a recipe for sauce I'm going to try next time. Spread the sauce across the crust and then spread your toppings of choice on the sauce. You can really use anything you want. If you like italian sausage or hamburger make sure to brown the meat first. I chopped up one green pepper and half of an onion for ours.
On the first one I spread half of the browned hamburger meat (I used 2 lbs total) and then on the other half spread out pepperonis, crumbled browned italian sausage, green peppers and onion. Top it with cheese. Put it in the oven and turn it to 425, it had to bake for almost 30 minutes. You'll know when all the cheese is golden brown and you should be able to lift the edge of the crust with a fork to make sure it's done on bottom.
I repeated the steps for the second pizza!! Then just enjoy!! It really is pretty easy and a fun meal you can make with your kids.
Here's the sauce recipe too if you want to try it:
Pizza Sauce
1 can tomato puree
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. onion powder
2 tsps. grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
Blend well.
I would love to tell you how much this makes but honestly I have no idea so you'll just have to play around with it!!!

2 comments:

Lexi said...

HI! I saw your comment on Mckmama! I wanted to share my website with you: Sugarandspice1.etsy.com
I will be donating a portion of all sales to the String of pearls to help families and babies like Stellan! I am trying to get it out there in any way I can! Please let your family, friends etc. I would really appreciate it!
Thanks!! :)
-lexi
Sugarandspice4baby.blogspot.com

Nic said...

SWEET!! I really can't wait to try it! Thanks!