Friday, December 4, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Christmas Trees!

I decided I would participate in Kelly's Show Us Your Life blog carnival today because she is doing Christmas trees and I haven't posted my decorations yet so I'll just do it all in one!!

I bought this tree on sale last year right before Thanksgiving at Lowe's and I'm in love with it! It's 9 ft tall and is the perfect size for our living room. I only use white lights because I'm personally just not a fan of multi-colored ones! This picture isn't that great, but it was the best I could get and I wanted to post one without using the flash.

You can see my tree skirt really good in this one, but the tree looks kinda funny. It really is alot prettier in person! We had been using the same gold tree skirt for the last 3 years and Gene and the boys had been using it before me, and last year I looked and looked for one that I really loved to replace it but never had any luck. The first time I looked at Wal-Mart's Christmas decor this year I saw this one and fell in love with it! And it was only $20!! I have never done a "themed" tree and growing up we never did either. It was always just a bunch of different kinds of ornaments. I love all kinds. Big, small, bright, unique, traditional, you name it and I'm probably going to like it! I also never really realized how many people put up more than one tree in their house. That's just weird to me! I don't really have the room for more than one and I just like the idea of only having one.

The piano is decorated the same as last year and am looking to get some more stuff to add to it. I also want to get a big pretty Christmas picture to hang on the wall!

Our little table is a little different this year because I have some new things! Mom bought me the snowman thing on the bottom, the little thing that says "snow" and the red and black frame that says "Christmas 2008", I just don't have a picture in it yet!

I got the little snowman cookie jar from Kirkland's the year before last and I just love him! Except I don't keep cookies in it because they don't stay fresh very long in it! So, right now I'm using it as the centerpiece on our dining room table because I need to find a pretty Christmas one.
I took some pictures of my favorite ornaments too to share! This one, obviously, is one of Grace's very first ornaments!! I can't believe this is already her 3rd Christmas.

Mom bought me this one this year and I think it's just perfect! After all, His birth IS the reason for the season!!

I bought this one last year from a kiosk in the mall and I love the personalized ones!! So fun!

This one was from the same kiosk and I just think it's adorable!

I got all 3 of the kids personalized ones to go in their stockings last year and since Corey plays basketball I thought this one was fitting! I'm going to buy them each a new one every year that somehow symbolizes something that happened during the year and when they move out on their own I'm going to send them all with them so they have a start on their own tree!!Grace's from last year isn't entirely accurate because she wasn't a ballerina, but she LOVES to dance and it was cute so I picked it!

Of course, Colt's was a piano!! It was perfect and exactly what I was looking for! That kid loves loves loves playing the piano, and I'm not complaining because he has insane talent and I enjoy listening to him play!

On Thanksgiving when we were at Granny's house putting her tree up I was going through all of her old ornaments that she doesn't put up anymore and I came across a bunch of cross stitched ones like this that my mom made many many years ago!! Granny said I could have any of them I wanted so I brought several of them home to put on my tree! I love having them and not only does it remind me of Mom, but also of Granny because I can remember putting them on her tree as a little girl!

I also have a whole nativity set that were some of my first ornaments and they go up every year!

This picture didn't turn out very good either, but our stocking holders spell out Santa and our stockings have little gingerbread men on them and say Merry Christmas. I got them on sale half off after Christmas the year before last and lucked out finding 5 matching! I put the lighted garland up and then tie some red and gold bows on it. The blanket hanging on the wall Mom bought me last year and it's cute as can be and we just hung it up today because I finally decided I liked it there!
Ok, that's all my Christmas decorations. Well, no, actually I lied. That's not all of them, but the others I just didn't get pictures of! I'll do that sometime and add them on. Now I'm off to help Grace work a Christmas puzzle and watch the series finale of Monk!
Tomorrow morning Mom, Stephanie, Grace and I are headed to Branson for the weekend! We're going to Silver Dollar City tomorrow to see all the Christmas lights and of course will be doing some shopping and eating!!! I'll be sure to get pictures to share!!

4 comments:

Nic said...

Love the Stocking with all the little faces. So cute! I miss Branson! Haven't been in so long!

Nikki said...

Hey girl!! Everything looks so awesome! Also, just letting you know that I'm getting a new blog.... www.jndealba09.blogspot.com

hope you guys have the best Christmas ever!!!

Tiffany said...

your so cute Taylor! Love all the xmas stuff!

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

I love your blog & your Chrismas pics are wonderful!
Joyfully,
Wylie