Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Checking In

Just checking in since it's been a few days! I had some pictures I wanted to share and because I know blog posts are much better with pictures.


 This picture was clearly taken before I started my weight loss journey! But my daughter absolutely adores my brother. She thinks her Uncle T hung the moon and every time he's around she is right by his side! Probably because he acts like a child and lets her get away with anything and everything. But that's uncles are for, right? I tell him that he needs to hurry up and settle down and have kids so that I can return the favor by royally spoiling his children!!! I think it will be a while, he's not exactly ready to settle down just yet.


Now this, my friends, is one of the absolute best things on. the. planet. I mean it. This is the Skinny Cow cookies and cream ice cream sandwich and it is 150 calories of pure deliciousness!! I made it very clear to my husband and children that they are not to touch my skinny cows. They think I'm crazy. I think I'm determined to be a skinny cow. :)


And then there is my new best friend, the myfitnesspal app. It knows things about me no one else knows. And by things I mean my weight. And it really has been a great (free) tool. The best thing is that it's helped me realize just how many calories I was taking in on any given day. And let me just say, HOLY COW!! I know I used to eat too much, but dern. I am allotted 1240 calories a day, and for the most part, I've stuck really close to that. Even this weekend when I was home all day. It's easier than I thought it would be because I'm making small adjustments in how I eat. I am measuring out servings that I can and when that's not really feasible, I just limit my intake. And water. Oh, blessed water. It's a good thing I love water and have always been a big water drinker, because now I drink a ton.

I went to the gym with my husband on Saturday morning, but unfortunately was not able to sign up then. When he gets back into town this weekend we are going to sign me up! I did not want to wait a whole other week to start working out though, so I decided I would just do my Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD every morning this week. Talk about overambitious. I set my alarm and got up at 5 yesterday morning, put in my contacts, changed clothes, ate a banana, drank some water and I was ready to go. I got started, almost cried about 6 minutes into it because it's tough (when you're as out of shape as I am!) and then at 13 minutes into it I got sick. Literally. It was horrible and I thought I was going to pass out. My husband later informed me to try toast instead of a banana pre-workout. Thank you honey. Now, where were you at 5:15 to tell me that? Oh yes, in Meridian, Mississippi at a class. Needless to say, I did not finish my workout. My thighs would disagree today though. They are soooo sore and it hurts to stand up and sit down. And walk. I love that kind of hurt though, it means I did something!

This morning I could barely get out of bed they hurt so bad, so I knew I wouldn't be able to work out. I'm going to attempt it this evening when I get home. We'll see. I'm just ready to get started at the gym so I can get on the treadmill. I'd take a treadmill over a DVD any day.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I am so proud of you! You are doing awesome. Keep up the hard work, friend! It's going to pay off :)

Kimberley said...

you put forth the effort, that counts! i have that dvd too, it can be brutal, but the more you do it, the easier it will be. if you can believe that :) i should take my own advice, ha! :)

Unknown said...

It's about time that you blogged again! Don't fall off the wagon! ;)
You have no idea how proud of you I am for being focused about your weight. You can do it! I have faith! :)

-Katie
Building a House of Love