Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Memo and Baby


Let me start this post off by saying that it's almost one o'clock in the morning and I've had a really long day so I may have some spelling and grammatical errors in this but I have to tell you about my sweet child!


Grace has become a huge Finding Nemo fan and she has a stuffed Nemo that she carries around all the time and sleeps with sometimes, but she hasn't quite got down the "n" in Nemo so she calls him Memo. She also has a pitiful looking Barbie doll that was given to her by one of my mom's teacher friends. I had taken Grace up to visit Mom at her school one day and she was taking her around showing her off when they stopped in one of the classrooms and this Barbie was sitting on her desk. Grace immediately reached for it, and the teacher let her keep it. Anyways....Grace loves the Barbie because she has really long hair and she likes to play with it. The funny thing is that Grace calls her baby instead of barbie. Right now, all dolls of any sort are baby.


So...now that I've given some background on the characters in this story I'll get on with i!
After work I picked Grace up from Mom and Dad's and once we got home I gave her a bath and got her pjs on her. I could tell she was really sleepy and ready for night night so I gave her a paci and she played in the living room for a few minutes while I was putting her bath stuff away. When I got done and sat down in the recliner she crawled up in my lap with memo and baby .She was so funny because she kept squirming around trying to get comfortable with both of them plus trying to play with her hair (her "I'm sleepy" clue!). Finally she got nice and cozy with memo in her left arm and baby in her right arm. She fell asleep with her head resting on memo! It was the sweetest thing ever, and I didn't want to disturb her but the camera was close to me so I very quietly grabbed it and snapped a picture of her! She's such a sound sleeper she never even flinched with the flash and it was really dark in the living room. After I took the picture I turned her over and put her on my shoulder to take her upstairs and put her in bed, but she still had baby in her hand. I tried pulling her out of her grip because I didn't want her sleeping with something so hard but Grace wouldn't let go and once I finally did get her Grace lifted her head lazily and just whined "baby" then plopped her head back down and was snoring again! It was so funny! I wrapped her arm around memo and she was out like a light. I took her up and laid her down with memo beside her!!
I just love that she's at that age of wanting a "lovey" to carry around and sleep with because it's so innocent and precious. I thank God everyday for blessing our family with such a sweet and perfect little girl!!
I hope I didn't bore you with my story, but I had to share! I'm really tired though, so now I'm headed to bed.
Good Night!
Taylor

3 comments:

cjrussell said...

She is precious!!!

Joyce said...

My sweet little angel! Thanks for posting such an awesome picture! Nana

Shelly said...

Love it!