Friday, August 29, 2008

Mrs. Clean

**First off I'll say that our computer was messing up earlier and it wouldn't save my post after I'd written it. So, it was just pictures! It's now 10:00, and I'm re-writing it.

Anyway, today was a busy day for me. I got a lot of cleaning done! I fell asleep on the couch last night, so this morning Gene woke me up after he got up. I guess he thought since he was up I needed to be up. It was 9:45 though, so I got pretty good sleep! Plus he made breakfast for us.

After I finished eating I got started cleaning!!

Our beautiful home!!
I started in our bathroom. I had been putting off scrubbing our shower for forever because I hate it with a passion, but it needed it so bad so I finally just broke down and did it! I scrubbed our shower and bath tub, cleaned the counter/sink and toilet, Windexed our big mirror, and then swept. Whew, it was a lot of work.
It's so pretty and white! Not that it wasn't white before, it just looked dingy and dirty and now it doesn't!!! I was very proud of the end product!
After I finished the bathroom I moved on to our closet. We could barely close the door because we had just been throwing our shoes in there and they were piled up like crazy. I pulled all of them out and threw some old ones away, and then vaccumed the floor. After I vaccumed and organized all of Gene's uniform stuff I cleaned out what clothes I never wear or don't fit anymore. I even forced Gene to come in there and clean his clothes out. After that I re-organized all of our clothes! It looks so much better. I filled up 2 trash bags of stuff! One is for the rummage sale we're having at the pd in October and the other was trash.
Finished product! The lighting wasn't that great and it's hard to get it all, but I even washed the rugs so everything was all clean.
I then moved on to our bedroom. I cleaned out our night stand, cleaned off our dresser, put all of Grace's stuff that was in our room back in her room, and vaccumed our floor. It looks much much better. Our dresser collects so much stuff, and it drives me crazy!! You can actually see the top of it now though!
After I cleaned our room I took a shower, and moved on to Grace's room. I cleaned out her closet and dresser and stripped her mattress to wash her sheet and blanket. I filled a bag of her stuff for the rummage sale too! Gene cleaned the kitchen, and I caught up on all the laundry! After the boys got home they cleaned off the porch, and then we went grocery shopping.
Gene actually went to the gym and Corey went and saw House Bunny with some of his friends (he said it was really funny!), and Colt, Grace, and I went grocery shopping. Wal-Mart was a mad house when we were there, and we went to the one down by the mall and they're just about done with their remodel so everything is in a different place. Very irritating! I guess there were so many people there because of the first Hogs game being tomorrow and everyone is getting ready for parties! I just wanted out of there!
Now we're all home. Grace has had a bath, but is still up playing with her Daddy and I'm hoping she goes to sleep soon so I can go to bed! She is going to stay at her Nana & Papa's tomorrow night and Mama is taking advantage of some "me" time!
Hope everyone had a great Friday!
Taylor




2 comments:

Shelly said...

Love, love, love!!

Very beautiful house!

Joyce said...

Come and clean mine so thoroughly whenever the mood strikes!!