Monday, August 25, 2008

Catch Up!

It's been a while, so this is going to be a catch up post! I'll warn you that it may be long, because I've been pretty busy.

I'll start with Friday, which was actually my Saturday. For starters, it was pay day!! Thank the Lord, I was so broke it wasn't funny. Grace and I got out and about pretty early because I had an appointment to get my eyebrows done. I thought my appointment was for 11, but it was actually for 10 so I was an hour late. Oops! It worked out though, because Salwa was able to squeeze me in at 2, so Grace and I drove up to the pd to visit for a little bit.

I had made plans to take Mom lunch at school so we were killing time until noon. We left the pd and went to McDonalds to get some lunch. Mom and I had salads and Grace had some chicken nuggets (her favorite!). We didn't have much time to hang out because I had several other errands to run, so we left after we ate. I had to pick up my contacts, go to the grocery store, and also go to Rick's Bakery to pick up a birthday cake for Colt because we were planning on celebrating his birthday Friday night since I have to work on the day of, which is actually tomorrow! Anyway, I had to get moving because I still had my eyebrow appointment at 2.

I finished all of my errands and made it home right at about 4. I was hoping to beat the boys home so I could sneak Colt's cake in because he didn't know about it. I didn't actually beat them home, but they were next door at my in-laws so I was able to get it in before he saw!

Grace's adorable outfit Friday! Isn't she cute?!?!?!

Anyway, Gene made burritos for dinner and then Colt went upstairs to take a bath. While he was doing that Corey and I cleaned up the kitchen and got his cake out and loaded with candles! We bought him an mp3 player, so I got under my bed and dug out a gift bag to wrap it in!

By the time he got out I was lighting the candles so Corey was trying to stall him. It was pretty obvious we were up to something!! He was excited about the cake, and he let Grace help him blow out the candles. She was funny, but she kept trying to get a little to close to the flame! Hope he made a good wish!!
The cake...I really wanted to order one with piano stuff or music notes, but I didn't get in there earlier enough in the week to have it ready for Friday. He likes tie-dye though, and they had this one on display so it worked. It was chocolate and yummy too!!

While I was at Wal-Mart I bought Grace a potty seat! Oh my gosh, I can't believe how fast she's growing. She was very ingtrigued by her potty while it was still in the box sitting in the living room. I took it in our bedroom and pulled it out of the box to examine and see just how it worked. Grace started trying to sit on it before I had it on the floor!

I took her diaper off and took it into the bathroom, where as you can see in the picture below, she sat!! She actually sat on that thing for a solid 35 minutes. The boys and I sat there with her until she went so she would know right off the bat what it was for. Gene ventured in once he realized what we were doing and watched for a while, but the bathroom was getting crowded. How funny did we look you might ask?! I'll just say....very! Bear was even hanging out in there waiting! After about 30 minutes or so of us coercing her into "pee peeing" or "poo pooing" she finally pee peed!!! Yay! Of course it started playing music when she did, and she got soooo excited. It was really cute. We all just looked at each other like, "oh my gosh, she actually did it!!"

It was a happy moment, we were cheering and she was cheering....all in the bathroom still might I add! Oh, the joys of motherhood. I absolutely love my role!!!! The whole rest of the night, Grace wanted to go sit on her potty. I finally had to close the door so she would wind down to go to bed. I guess that beats the alternative though!

She has now gone pee pee in her potty once a day since then! Mom and Dad and my in-laws don't have a potty seat at their house yet, and I still haven't exactly figured out a plan so we're taking it slow right now. I'm just glad she understands what it's for.

Too cute!

The potty seat actually came before dinner and cake, and to be honest it's driving me crazy that this post is now out of order but I'm not going back to fix it!

Now...after dinner and cake, I put Grace in the bath and then took her to her Nana & Papa's to stay the night! Mom told me while we were at school for lunch that Dad was pouting to her and asked her to see if they could have the baby for a while!! I just wish someone loved my child! So, Mom knew that I was planning on taking Corey to Midnight Madness at the fair, and I would have to be up fairly early Saturday morning with Grace because Gene would have to take Colt to piano lessons, so she said they would keep her! I drove her out to their house and dropped her off and then headed back home to get ready for the fair.

I took a shower and got dressed and then hung out killing time until Steph got there from her birthday dinner with some friends. The boys and I bowled on the Wii while we waited!

Steph got to our house around 9:30 or so, and then we didn't leave until about 10:45. We got there by 11 or so, and we didn't leave until 2:40 AM!! I couldn't remember the last time I was up that late. We had a lot of fun though. It was taking a stroll down memory lane for me and Steph because when we were in high school and the years after before I got married, we were always at the fair. We had a good time reminiscing on old boyfriends and funny stories!! We actually ended up riding more rides than Corey did! I'm glad we went, but I was ready to get home. I was tired, sweaty, and dirty!

I changed into my pjs, washed my face, and crawled into bed. However, it took me forever to go to sleep and I just tossed and turned most of the night. Gene got up around 8 or so and he and Colt left for lessons around 9:30 so I got up and went to the couch and put in Wild Hogs (love that movie) and finally was able to fall sound asleep! I slept for a few hours on the couch, until they got home and I was startled by the door. It was 1:00! It felt so good to lay around and sleep half the day away. I didn't feel very good when I woke up though, a mixture from the late night and very loud fair. I had a horrible headache, so I took some medicine and laid back down.

Gene left not too long after to go to a friend's dad's funeral, and offered to pick Grace up when he got done so I didn't have to get out. Worked for me!! I was planning on cleaning some, and then starting on dinner.

They made it home, and we lounged some more! We had the best dinner that night though....grilled pork steak, mashed potatoes, green beans w/bacon and onion, corn, and mac n cheese!! It was sooooo good! Grace even ate a whole little plate full. After a full belly and baths, we all went to bed early!

Sunday I was signed up to work overtime on dayshift, so I was supposed to be there at 10:00 am. Well, I kinda forgot about it and didn't set an alarm. Kara (dayshift supervisor) called my cell at oh.....10:10 asking if I remembered I was supposed to be there. OOPS!! I felt soooo horrible. I knew I had signed up for it, I had just felt bad on Saturday and forgot to set an alarm. I rushed around and made it there in about 30 minutes. It was a long day though, because it was still 11 1/2 hours. Yuck.

I ended up having to go in at 10:00 this morning too, because I was on call today and Christina (dayshift dispatcher) was hospitalized with severe abdominal pain Sunday evening so dayshift was shorthanded. I was it, so in I went again! It wasn't too bad though, because I was able to leave at 7:30 tonight. I was tired, and hadn't been able to spend more than about an hour with Grace today and yesterday. I was glad to get out of there. I went and picked up Grace from Mom & Dad's and came home. She got a bath and went to bed shortly thereafter. I took a shower, and now here I sit. I knew this was going to be a long post because I had 4 days to catch up on, and I just want to say thanks! if you're still with me.

Hope everyone had a great Monday!
P.S - I didn't proof read this, so sorry if there are mistakes or rambling sections!!


Shelly said...

Yay! Glad your back to blogging and glad that you had such a great four days! Isn't family time great!