Monday, August 4, 2008

Oh So Tired

It has been a long weekend and I'm completely worn out right now, but I feel like writing for a while.

I'm lying on the couch with Diagnosis Murder and the dishwasher as background noise. When I got home from work Grace and the boys were still up, and Grace was full of energy. She's very silly and was perfectly content playing by herself while I was on the phone with my good friend, Teresa. The boys stayed up for just a little bit, but went to bed not too long after I got home. Gene got into a foot pursuit yesterday at work and tore a muscle in his back so he has not felt good at all today. He came home early from work today because he got too hot and was hurting so bad. So, he was in bed when I got home.

I had a horrible headache when I got home from work, mostly because of work. Drama....need I say more?

Anyways, I didn't feel very good and was ready to just be still and quiet so finally Grace settled down and went to bed. I washed my face and cleaned up the toys off the living room floor. I also cleaned up the kitchen because it was still a mess from where they had made dinner. Men. Sorry to anyone of the male gender who might be reading this, but sometimes your gender drives me absolutely crazy. The last thing I wanted to do when I got home from work was clean up somebody else's mess, but I'm the mom so I guess it comes with the territory. I don't have to like it though! I'm much like my mother in that I can not/will not go to bed with a dirty kitchen. Thanks Mom!! Ha!

So after I cleaned stuff up and was satisfied once again I grabbed the computer, turned the lights off, and laid down on the couch. Now I'm just typing. It's nice, therapeutic.

I'm phsyically tired and I have no energy. I don't like feeling zapped like I do, and I know a lot of it is because of the heat. We keep our thermostat set on 71 degrees pretty much the whole time, except when we leave the house and we turn it up a few degrees. This morning when I got up I noticed the temperature in the house was 73 but it was still set on 71. I figured it was just because it was warming up outside so it was having to work harder to cool. Well, about 30 minutes later I walked past the thermostat and saw that it was now 75 degrees in the house. Yes, it was warming up but it was still set on 71. Not good. It made it up to 76 and I turned it off for a little bit. Gene had come in from work about the time I turned it back on, and asked why it was so warm in the house. I told him what was going on and he checked the unit, and it had ice on it from where it had "vapor locked" as Gene called it. It's been working so hard and running cold so long that it froze it up. Yikes! Not good to lose a/c in the middle of summer. I had to get in the shower to get ready for work, and when I got out I sent the boys and Grace over to my in-laws (right next door) to keep Grace cool, because we had shut it off again to thaw and it was really warming up inside.

When I left for work about 30 minutes after we had shut it off it was already 78 degrees in our house. I am sooooo ready for fall. Anyway, Gene sent me a text message later in the day that said it was working properly again. Thank you Lord! He is a good God! So, I'm lying in a/c...luckikly. I'm cranky when I'm hot!!

I'm ready for fall!

Tonight was pretty uneventful at work, very little crime in the city of Springdale on this particular Sunday evening. Which I guess is a good thing for the citizens, but we're all adrenaline junkies and prefer it when it's busy! My mom thinks we're all crazy! It's fun!

This has turned into quite a post, and if you stayed with me the whole time then thanks!! However, I'm sleepy, so I'm going to finish watching the Diagnosis Murder movie that is on and I'm going to sleep.

Until next time,
Taylor

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Hey Taylor! I can't wait to catch up and read your blog! I love reading blogs! Thanks for stopping by mine and leaving me a comment and link. I'm like you-blogging is theraputic. I'm not the best at it, but oh well. :)

Glad to hear from you!

cjrussell said...

Hope you were able to get some rest today and stay cool it has been a scorcher!! I have really enjoyed reading your posts. Did your Dad set his up? If he has would you email me the address. Hope your week goes well.