Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuesday Morning

It's almost noon and Grace and I haven't been up very long! Ha! I think the heat is just wearing everybody out, including Grace. She used to always be up between 8 and 9, but here lately she's been sleeping until at least 10:30. Of course she has been staying up later too because my parents have had her a lot, and since she's older now she likes to stay up and play instead of sleeping.

I consider myself a professional sleeper....I love to sleep! Before I had a baby I would sleep till noon almost everyday, so you can imagine what it was like for me after Grace was born and I was up every night every 2 hours for feeding. I was a little grumpy, but she was worth it! She started sleeping through the night shortly after we moved into the house and she was in her crib in her own room. She was about 8 weeks old or so. That was a huge blessing!

Back to it being hot outside....Corey just came in from getting Bear from my in-laws house and the first thing he said was "It's so hot outside!" Have I mentioned before that I'm ready for fall?!?!

Grace just got in trouble for playing in Bear's food...never a dull moment around here. We keep is food in the laundry room in a bottom cabinet, and Grace can get to it so every time we open the door she thinks she needs to feed him! I just bought him new treats too so of course she has to give him one of those! Granny's dog, Tawney, gets a treat every time she comes in from using the bathroom and Grace has figured that out now. Every time Granny brings her in, Grace runs to the kitchen saying "cheat, cheat" (her version of treat!) She's so funny!

Ok, I'm off to clean up the kitchen....again! This time it's my mess though!! Then I've gotta make my lunch so I can get in the shower and get ready for work. That's really the only bad thing about sleeping so late is that I don't ever have much time before work, but that's ok because I am good and rested for work!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Taylor

2 comments:

Stephie said...

Grace def has the Nabors sleeping gene! All you the Nabors ca sleep all day if they wanted to! I wish I could do that some days.

Shelly said...

I am so jealous that Grace is such a good sleeper. My Tanner has YET to realize the value of sleeping in. That child gets up at 6:30-7:00 every stinking day! We have to make her stay in her bed until 8:00 on Saturdays! Thank goodness she's old enough to get up, get her yogurt and then watch tv until we get up.

Hope you had a good night at work!