Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tag....You're It!

I have been tagged by Leah. Oh boy, I've never done this before! I think it will be fun though, so here we go!

The rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. List the rules.
3. Tell six unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag six bloggers by linking.
5. Leave a comment for each blogger.

1. I like to be in control. It doesn't matter what it is, I like to be in control. Anytime I'm in a car (except with Gene) I like to drive. I do not ride well, because I'm not in control! Same goes with the grocery store...I like to push the cart to be in control. At work, if I could work all 3 positions I would because I like to be in control of every situation. Not in like a negative way really, but I just like to be able to do it all so I know for sure it's being done! Same goes with chores at home...laundry, dishes, cleaning. As much as I appreciate the help, I like to do it all myself because it's done the way I want.

2. I prefer to fall asleep in my own bed....by myself. Gene tends to fall asleep in the living room either in the recliner or on the couch and comes to bed later, so I usually have the bed all to myself to fall asleep. This works out good for me because I like to lay in bed and read until I fall asleep and the light bothers him, so I'm able to fall asleep in the quiet (because he's not in there snoring!) and I can stretch out over the whole bed. As long as he comes to bed after I've fallen asleep it doesn't bother me, but before hand I like to have it all to myself.

3. I have to make my bed every morning. I didn't used to be like that, but every since we moved into our new house it's made every day. I think there have been 2, maybe 3 days in the year and a half that it has not been made and that's only because I was up and out early and Gene was still in bed, and you're just plain crazy if you think he's going to do it. Uh, no!

4. I can NOT go to bed with a dirty kitchen. I think I've blogged about it before, but I absolutely can not stand to wake up to a dirty kitchen. I get it from my mother...thanks Mom!! If it's a night I'm off work and at home I always clean the kitchen right after we get done eating dinner. If it's a night that I work and I come home to dishes in the sink or on the counter or anywhere but in the dishwasher or the cabinet where they belong, I'm busy cleaning and tidying. I wipe down all the counters and put everything away. I recently had a lecture with the boys about how much I dislike having to come home from work to a mess that I did not make and having to clean it up. Since then they've been good about cleaning up after they eat dinner. I still usually have to do some because I'm so picky!

5. I stronly dislike feet, much like my brother! I don't like looking at feet, smelling feet, touching feet, nothing involving feet. The only feet I like are Grace's! Gene asks me all the time to rub his feet because he knows how much I hate it, and the boys are all the time putting their feet on me because they know I hate it too. It's just yuck. We walk on them on the dirty filthy ground.....gross!!

6. I'm a professional sleeper. Or I used to be anyway before I had a baby! Pre-baby I could sleep all day if no one bothered me! I could go to bed at 9 o'clock at night and not wake up until 3 or 4 the next afternoon. I LOVE to sleep! I love taking naps and sleeping in. My husband is not a pro sleeper by any means. Take this morning for example, he was awake at 7:30 this morning so he thought I should be too. He kept pestering me and tickling me trying to get me up. I was not happy! I tried to convince him to let me sleep, but it didn't work. Grrr.... It's ok though, we were able to spend some time together before Grace woke up. He knows I'm not a morning person too, so of course he does it on purpose!

Ok, so there's a few little known things about me! Hope you enjoyed it! By the way, thanks Leah for telling me how to link...I figured it out! I now tag Stephanie, Mom, Courtney, Shelly, Tiffany, and Nikki!!! Have fun!!!

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Thanks a lot! You know I will get right on this just as soon as you teach me how! You didn't leave me anyone to tag when I get around to it either. Love ya, Mom

Shelly said...

Ok, your going to have to tell me how to link.

You and I are so much alike, it's sccary!

Tiffany said...

I don't know how to do it either??

cjrussell said...

I do not know how to link or tag either.