Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!

It has been a very very good Valentine's Day! My best ever maybe! The day started off great because Grace slept in until just before 9 this morning, therefore, I slept in!

Our power came back on just before 1 am Friday morning. Thank goodness! I didn't sleep hardly at all Thursday night because I got home from work late and Gene and Grace were both asleep in our bed and hogging the whole thing! She has to sleep with us when the power's out because it doesn't stay warm enough in her room with her door closed and we don't have a monitor without power. So, I laid down on the couch and tossed and turned for over an hour stressing about the power issue. I was finally about to drift off when all the lights came on and the dishwasher kicked on. It scared the daylights out of me, but I was SO excited I jumped up and started my laundry. Is that pathetic or what?! Anways, I laid back down but it was too hot because of the fireplace so I went upstairs to Grace's room and laid down in her "big girl bed." Once again I had just fallen back to sleep and Gene came in and woke me up because he was sick and coughing and didn't want to be breathing on Grace so I went and got into bed with her and he moved to the couch. I finally got to sleep around 3:30. Gene's alarm clock then went off at 6 to get the boys up for school so I got them up and dozed somewhat till about 7:30 when I finally just got up.

Yesterday was a day of errands. Grace and I went with Mom to an eye doctor appointment then we went to Target and she got Grace's birthday presents from her and Granny. Too cute! You can't see till next weekend though after her party!

So, last night Grace and I came home and lounged around the house with her daddy. She started getting really cranky because she hadn't had a nap all day so she got a bath and was in bed by 8:40. I followed closely behind her and was definitely out before 10. Gene still wasn't feeling good so he ended up sleeping on the couch again all night.

This morning we all got up and pretty much didn't do anything all day. I did get all of our laundry caught up and the bed made, but that was about it!

Grace has still been in panties during the day and a diaper at night and we've only had a few accidents. She pretty much has pee peeing down; she'll tell us every time she has to go. It's the other that we're still struggling with! She gets embarassed while she is going so she doesn't like that we sit in there with her. She still is trying to go in her panties so we have to pay close attention and watch for the poo poo signs! I'm proud of her though and I don't think it will be much longer before she has it mastered!!

Mom and Dad had planned on having her this weekend some, so they had a Valentine breakfast and movie matinee and came and picked her up after the movie was over. Our cousins, Chadd and Jeannie, are out at Beaver Lake right now and we don't get to see them much so Mom, Dad, and Grace went out to have dinner with them then Grace is staying the night with her Nana and Papa!

Gene and I didn't have any plans because 1) we're going to see Larry the Cable Guy tomorrow night and 2) Gene's still sick and feels like poo. So, I decided I was in the mood to cook and lasagne sounded good! We both took showers and ran to town to get some groceries. Once we made it home I started dinner and Gene laid down on the couch. I was so pleased with the way it turned out, and I think it's probably the best lasagne I've ever made! We ate and were completely stuffed!!

There are so few pictures of Gene and I together it's sad really so I told him we had to take a Valentine's picture! Bless his heart he feels so bad and didn't hardly have the energy to smile so he looked so pitiful! I told him we had to take another one and that he had to open his eyes and not look so pitiful so......

He did, and this is how it turned out! He's such a goober and started giggling whenever I was looking back through them and realized what he'd done!

We finally got one that I was pleased with! I just love him so much! I hate that he's so sick though. He's burning up one minute then freezing cold the next and he can't quit coughing. He's very rarely sick and I told him that if he's not better by Monday I'm forcing him to go to the doctor. Even if I have to drag him kicking and screaming!!
He can't afford to be sick because next week and next weekend are very busy for us! I've got a ton of house cleaning to do to get ready for my baby girl's 2nd birthday party!!! I'll give more info later! Right now I'm off to finish watching a movie with my hubby!
Happy V-Day!!!!!



1 comments:

Joyce said...

I like the new background!