Thursday, April 23, 2009

....and a not so good wednesday

Tuesday was good. Wednesday not so much.

I was doing good until I got to work and around 4 pm I started having a really intense pain way down low in my stomach and I've experienced this kind of pain before and I know that there is no finding relief until it decides to stop on its own. So...I tried curling up into as much of a ball as I could sitting at my position. That didn't work so well. I tried walking down the hallway to another bathroom and once I got in there everything started going white and my hearing was fading and I felt like I was in an never ending tunnel. I broke out into a cold sweat and was finally able to shrug off my jacket and made my way back to dispatch and by the time I got back into the room I was white as a ghost and collapsed down into the chair and my whole body tensed up. My fingers seized up and I couldn't move. What made it even worse was the fact that I was the third person in the room and I was working police ch 2 and the officers were all talking on the radio and the phones were ringing and Teresa, Cory, and Jamie (a new girl) were all scurring around trying to figure out what was wrong with me and toning out the ambulance to come check me out. It was absolutely chaotic and I couldn't do anything to help.

Sgt. Kirmer came running upstairs to me and was able to get me to just focus on him and slow my breathing. That helped and then the medics got there and checked my vitals and everything was fine. I started to come out of it finally, except my hands still being seized up and tingling. Luckily Stacy was on her way in to give us lunch relief and she got there right after the medics left and took over my position. Teresa had called Gene and he came and got me. Kirmer waited upstairs with us until Gene got there.

I came home and ate some dinner, which made me feel better, and sat outside on the porch while the kids played in the yard. I still had some cramps and was a little sick to my stomach and somewhat light headed, but Grace went to bed at 9 and I laid down just before 10:30. I slept pretty good last night and feel better today. I'm hoping it stays that way.

I've had 3 episodes like this before and the pain causes my body to tense up and then I start hyperventilating. I think last night was probably the worst just because I knew I was at work and I couldn't leave my people high and dry but I wasn't able to do anything to help either. Plus it's incredibly embarassing.

Luckily my co-workers are like my 2nd family and they took extremely good care of me!! Hopefully today is a better day and I'm able to work my whole shift!


Katie said...

Thanks for your sweet comment! I am so sorry about what happened and hope today is MUCH much better!

Congrats to your husband!