Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

It was a good 3rd Mother's Day for me! Besides the fact that I had to work. It started early because Grace woke up at 5:30, but luckily fell right back to sleep once I put her in bed with me. I heard Gene come in a little after 7 and was trying to wake her up. He kept saying "Grace wake up, I need you to come help me." He just kept saying it and she by golly wasn't budging! She was nestled up right against my back and it took him 3 tries before he finally picked her up and she woke up. About 20-30 minutes later they came back into the bedroom and Grace kept telling me to wake up. She handed me a card and when I opened it up Gene had put her foot and handprints in the card!! That was why he needed her help! How cute is that?! I thought it was really sweet!
He told me to get out of bed because he'd made breakfast! I never got a picture of me and Grace together yesterday so I took this one this morning to put on!

Gene made biscuits and gravy and Grace ate them up! She's so cute and I'm so glad that God chose me to be her mother!!

My handsome chef husband! He's so good to me!

Sausage gravy and biscuits! And of course some orange juice!

She learned that from her Daddy, definitely not her Mama! :)

Here's the sweet card!

Her footprints!! They're getting so big.

Handprints! Most precious hands and they've definitely touched my heart!

Gene also got me a really pretty big hanging plant to add to the front porch! Everytime we're out somewhere that sells the big ones with bright flowers I talk about how much I want one, so he bought me one and had it hanging this morning when I got up! He also bought some small chains so he could lower the other plants we have so now it looks better!

Here's a view of the whole thing, but it doesn't really do it justice. I couldn't get a good picture of it to show the colors!

And another view of it! Gene had to leave shortly after breakfast to go to the police department and do some paperwork that had to be turned in and Grace and I were going to go to church but Mom and Dad were out of town and I didn't want to go by myself and drop Grace off in the nursery for an hour and a half and miss spending that time with her before work. I really hate that I missed, but I am glad that I got to spend all morning with my girl. I wish all my kids would have been home, but it was Deanne's weekend with the boys so they weren't here. :( At least they got to spend the day with their mother though!
I hope everybody had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!













0 comments: