Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Favorite Recipe Blog Hop!!!

Ohh...I can't wait to "hop around" to all the fun blogs with favorite recipes on them!! I've decided to post 2 of my favorite recipes, both of them are courtesy of my Aunt Cathy!! She makes the best lasagne and the best Butterfinger Cake. After the first time I made each of them they became favorites around our house and now my family requests them! So, here ya go.....

Lasagne
16 oz. grated mozzarella cheese
2 lbs. ground beef (I usually also add a package of Italian sausage, but I partially cook it first)
2 cans stewed tomatoes
2 envelopes spaghetti sauce mix
1/4 tsp. minced garlic
8 oz. box lasagne noodles
1 cup cottage cheese (I really like ricotta cheese in it too so I'll mix 3/4 cups cottage cheese with just a little more than 1/4 cup ricotta cheese)
Brown the meat, spoon off excess fat. Add the next 4 ingredients. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes stirring occasionally. Cook noodles according to box directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place half the noodles in dish, cover with 1/3 sauce, add half the cheese and half of the cottage cheese (or cottage/ricotta cheese mixture). Repeat layers ending in sauce. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes to 1 hour. I will let it bake for about 45-50 minutes, pull it out and top with some more grated mozzarella cheese then continue baking for about 10 minutes.
It's absolutely delicious and one of my family's favorite meals!!!

Butterfinger Cake
1 yellow cake mix
1 can Eagle brand milk
1 tub Cool Whip
1 jar caramel topping
6 Butterfingers
Mix cake as directed and bake at 350 degrees. Poke holes in cake while hot. Mix caramel, Eagle brand milk and 3 crushed Butterfingers and pour over cake while hot. Cool completely and top with Cool Whip and sprinkle with 3 crushed Butterfingers.
It's better after it's been refrigerated for a while so it's cold through and through and you can use fewer Butterfingers depending on how much you like!!


Ok, so there are 2 of my favorite recipes and I'm excited to check out everyone else's!!! If you try either of mine let me know what you think!!!


MckLinky Blog Hop

3 comments:

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

I love lasagna so much! I probably shouldn't be blog-hopping this late at night, I am getting really hungry.

Stopping by from the blog hop! If you want to check out my entry, I'm #124!

Claire said...

Oh, how delicious looking!

Cxx

Nic said...

Oh my Goodness...That Butterfinger Cake looks so good!! Sweets are my weakness!