Friday, June 26, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - Master Bedrooms

It's Friday....and you know what that means!! It's time for Show Us Where You Live Friday and Kelly, over at Kelly's Korner, has chosen master bedrooms for this week. Now, I was cleaning house yesterday and sort of went into hyperdrive in our bedroom! My original plan was to just clean out underneath our bed and somehow that turned into a rearrangement. We really only have 2 options as far as where our bed goes and I decided I'd try it the other way. I'm liking it more and more and I think it makes our room look bigger. My walls are still pretty bare but I'm hoping to change that soon!!

Ok, on with the tour. Welcome to our master bedroom! It's right off the kitchen/dining room. Originally our dresser was on the wall to the left as you walk in but now with the bed where it is it looks better on this wall.

I took this one standing in the corner by the bathroom and, like I said, bare walls. Our bed used to be over on the wall you see on the left in between the two windows and it's throwing me off having the picture still there and no longer over our bed. Our bedroom furniture doesn't all match either! The sleigh bed we found at an antique store when we finished the house and I fell in love with it! The night stand and dresser match and Gene had them when he and I got together. The browns on the bed, dresser, night stand, and the curtains don't really match but I actually kind of like it. We're country people, not fancy city people, and it's homey. That's all that really matters to me!

View from the opposite corner of the dresser and our miror. The door to the left of the dresser goes outside to our porch. I love having it there because it's easy to just pop your head out and yell at Aros to quit barking! ha! Only kidding. Sort of. Ahem. Anyways, the picture above our dresser is a collage frame that the boys filled with various snapshots of us. It needs to be updated and I would like to paint the frame, I'm just not sure what color yet.

And this one was taken from the doorway of our bathroom. The treasure chest on the floor in the lefthand corner was mine from when I still lived with Mom and Dad. I got it when I was in high school and it's filled with my diploma, senior and prom pictures, and various items. I really want new bedding for our room I just haven't found anything I really like and is affordable. And I also want new curtains. But ya know...it works and is comfy! I hope you enjoyed the tour and now I'm going to retire to, well....this very room! I have a lot more to blog about and I'm hoping to get it done tomorrow! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and don't forget to check out Kelly's Korner to see all the other tours!!

0 comments: